Composer: Olcott, James L.
Number of Trumpets: 3
Triplo's new and revised edition of the 1992 publication, with new articulations, dynamics, and lines.
Eight traditional hymn tunes for Easter, Thanksgiving, and general use, with two colorful descants for three trumpets each, arranged for church and congregational use. Compatible with 22 popular hymn texts. Tunes include:
For more clarification, click on the treble clef above.
The recordings are of the above in order, starting from the left. Each recording has the tune played four times, the first being the tune as set by Mr. Olcott for three trumpets. The second is the setting with Descant No. 1 for three trumpets combined with the primary trumpet trio. The third is the primary trio with the second descant (again for three trumpets), and finally, in the fourth, all nine parts are played together. All of this is meant to show the flexibility of the publication. Exhilarating, majestic, and inspiring.
- 1. Darwall's 148th ("Rejoice, the Lord is King" and three others)
- 2. Diademata ("Crown Him with Many Crowns" and four others))
- 3. Easter Hymn ("Christ the Lord is Risen Today")
- 4. Lancashire ("The Day of Resurrection!" and two others)
- 5. Llanfair ("Jesus Christ is Risen Today" and three others)
- 6. Loben Den Herren ("Praise to the Lord, the Almighty" and one other)
- 7. Nicaea ("Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty")
- 8. St. George's, Windsor ("Come, Ye Thankful People, Come" and one other)